Whether you’re a salesperson, leader, or business owner, you have a lot of people you need to take care of: customers, support staff, family, and more. But there’s one person who needs your time and attention more than any other.
Because if you don’t take good enough care of yourself, you can’t take care of anyone else. And when you do take care of yourself, you enable yourself to be more creative, productive, and successful. Which benefits not just you, but everyone around you.
With that in mind, here are 18 ways you can engage in self-care:
• Eat right
• Exercise regularly
• Get enough sleep
• Reward yourself with occasional treats
• Relax with meditation, deep breathing, massage, aromatherapy, music
• Spend more time with family and friends
• Forgive yourself (and others)
• Seek out counseling or therapy when necessary
• Reconnect with your faith
• Take vacations
• Delegate as much as possible
• Quit smoking
• Reduce your alcohol consumption
• Say “no” more often
• Practice gratitude
• Do more of whatever you enjoy
• Get out in nature
• Try out—or go back to—a hobby
It can be difficult to fit time for yourself into your already-busy schedule. But it’s critical that you do. You don’t just owe it to yourself—you owe it to everyone who depends on you.